Auburn Region Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in Auburn Region Community Directory!
We are developing auburn.info for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Auburn Region for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in Auburn Region?
Auburn Region Community
Community groups are essential to building a sense of belonging, support and wellbeing. They offer opportunities for residents to connect, share and contribute to the local community. Auburn Region in New South Wales, Australia, hosts a network of vibrant and diverse community groups that are making a significant impact in their respective areas. This article features some of the best community groups in the region, categorised according to their focus and benefits.
Cultural and Arts Groups:
1. Auburn Youth Centre - This centre is dedicated to providing mentoring and leadership programs for young people in the region. The centre houses a range of facilities, including a music studio, art studio and dance room. The centre offers various youth arts programs such as rap and spoken-word workshops, dance classes, and visual arts initiatives.
2. Auburn Diversity Services Inc. - This not-for-profit organisation supports the settlement, integration and well-being of refugees and migrants in the region. The group organises cultural events and festivals, language classes, and a range of advocacy and support services for newcomers.
Community Service Groups:
1. Salvation Army - Auburn Corps - This church-based organisation provides assistance to those experiencing hardship in the community. They offer support for people experiencing homelessness, emergency financial assistance, and a range of other services, including a food bank and thrift store.
2. Auburn Community Centre - This centre is a hub for community service and recreation activities. They offer various services such as counselling, financial assistance, and legal advice. The centre also hosts a range of events and activities for the community, such as arts and crafts classes, fitness groups and social events.
Environmental and Sustainability Groups:
1. Cumberland Conservation Network - This group aims to protect and enhance the natural environment in the region. They organise events and programs to raise awareness and educate the community on sustainability, conservation and natural resource management. The group also advocates for environmentally-friendly policies and practices in the local government.
2. Auburn Seed Library - This group provides a platform for sharing and exchanging seeds to promote food security and sustainable agriculture. The seed library offers free seeds to members who can donate seeds or exchange them for other varieties. The group also hosts workshops and events on gardening, composting and seed-saving.
Health and Wellbeing Groups:
1. Auburn Hospital Volunteers - This group provides voluntary support services to patients and staff at Auburn Hospital. They offer support for patients and their families, such as companionship, reading and recreation activities. The volunteers also help with administrative tasks and fundraising initiatives for the hospital.
2. Auburn Women's Health and Resource Centre - This centre provides a range of services for women in the region, including health screenings, counselling, education and advocacy. The centre also offers a safe space for women to connect, share and support each other.
The Auburn region has a diverse range of community groups that contribute to building a strong and supportive community. From cultural and arts groups to environmental and sustainability groups, from health and wellbeing groups to community service groups, the organisations listed here offer valuable benefits and opportunities for residents in the region. If you are interested in joining any of these groups, you can find contact information on their websites or social media pages.
Auburn Region Community Articles